Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Lamb named Peter


I should have taken pictures of this dinner. 
Today was a lovely day ... saw the sun for the first time since arriving. I went to a Danish "fitness center" and discovered that all is about the same except the occasional Danish MTV video featuring graphically nude men brushing their hair, and an herbal sauna where both the men and the women let it all hang out. Of course, I kept mine intact. One of my hosts' friends came from Bornholm with a lamb leg he acquired from a vet. The lamb wasn't sick. This vet has a farm. Regardless, this lamb was named Peter, and he had a good life according to the bringer of the lamb, so we roasted it in garlic and potatoes and pumpkin and rosemary. I made my interpretation of Autumn Bisque that Liisa introduced me to, and we had sides of lovely sesame cole slaw, roasted vegetables, and a pepper and feta pasta salad. The kids liked it, we liked it, and the terrible rainstorm outside eluded us. Then we played this exquisite video game just released in Denmark called "LIMBO".  It was me, 2 elegant gentlemen, and a 9 year-old girl. It was epic ... I usually find video games infinitely frustrating, but this is one is so beautiful and brain-bending. You can see a full preview for it here: http://www.limbogame.org

          screen shot from Limbo

No comments:

Post a Comment